Tanya Jamal - Assistant Solicitor
Tanya is a specialist Family Law Solicitor and has practiced exclusively in field of family and matrimonial law for over 15 years, having been admitted as a solicitor in 2001.
She has a varied caseload and specialises in pre-nuptial agreements, financial matters arising from divorce and children matters, particularly where they have an international dimension.
Her combined background of litigation and mediation ensures that she is able to deliver an all-round quality service, whether the case requires skilful and effective negotiation or necessary litigation.
She has a reputation for thorough case preparation, reassuring efficiency and constructive analysis of complex legal issues. She is known for her tenacious focus on achieving the very best outcome possible for her clients in often difficult circumstances.
Tanya is a member of Resolution, a qualified Family Mediator and an accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator.
• Successfully opposing a Husband’s application to set aside a final order made in high net worth financial proceedings following allegations of non-disclosure of assets. The case involved cross jurisdictional issues and it was the Husband’s case that the Wife had substantial undisclosed assets in another country. The Husband’s application to set aside was dismissed and an adverse costs order was obtained against him.
• Successfully acting for a Wife to obtain financial disclosure of stock options owned by her Husband in a company not yet floated. Persuading a Court to consider the fruition value of these undisclosed assets and having their expected value taken into account on a final order which included an assignment of shares, a substantial share of the former matrimonial home and spousal maintenance.
• Assisting a Wife following a lengthy marriage to divorce amicably, thereby preserving the assets. Facilitating an amicable uncontested divorce and negotiating the division of matrimonial assets, including the sharing of the Husband’s pension.
• Representing a Wife in circumstances where divorce and financial proceedings have been issued simultaneously in England and abroad.
• Successfully obtaining an order to allow a Mother to relocate abroad with her child to be with her immediate and extended family in circumstances where the Father put up substantial resistance to the Mother’s wishes.
• Acting for a Father following the Mother’s refusal to return the child of the family to England following a holiday abroad. Successfully securing a residence order in favour of the Father and having the child safely returned to England